How vote by mail works may be obvious to anyone who has experienced it, but perfectly opaque to anyone who hasn't. That's understandable.
This new page shows examples of the materials used in Oregon, the oldest vote by mail state.
We are grateful to the Benton County, Oregon, Elections Office, and voters from Oregon for their assistance. We also recognized and thank Andy Cripe, Mid-Valley Media, for photographs previously published in the Corvallis Gazette-Times.
Similar to the page described above:
This page shows examples of the materials used in Colorado.
We are grateful to a voter from Pueblo County, Colorado, for sharing materials.
The Join Us page has been updated with the latest count of Vote by Mail WV Supporters and names of members of the Vote by Mail WV Coalition.
Updated again: 7/10/2020
Added new Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have other questions, please submit them at Contact Us.
25. What is the biggest misunderstanding about vote by mail?
26. What does vote by mail look like in states that already do it?
Samples of vote by mail materials from the 2020 primary elections in Oregon and Colorado.
Previously, only individuals could join the Vote by Mail WV Coalition.
Now Organizations can join too!
A new page just to help you find content added for each new version of VoteByMailWV.com
The following was added 5/30/2020, in version 1.1 ...
This page was formerly called HB 4742.
New information about the 2011 Vote by Mail Pilot Program in Morgantown. Source: League of Women Voters of Morgantown/Monongalia County.
Four new Frequently Asked Questions. Those marked as "submitted" came from users of the website. If you have other questions, please submit them at Contact Us.
21. I still don’t understand the differences between absentee voting and vote by mail. Simplify.
A new infographic illustrates differences between absentee voting and vote by mail.
22. The only downside for our county is the effort and expense already made for voting machines. [submitted]
23. How easy is it to process all the ballots, if they are counted only on election day? Are they machine read? [submitted]
24. Are there other cost savings associated with vote by mail?
On May 30, 2020, the Board of Directors of the League of Women Voters of West Virginia voted to sponsor VoteByMailWV.com. We thank them.